Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Color Cue {7} Challenge

Hi everyone! Color Cue has another fantastic challenge. Dawn always comes up with great color combinations. I've actually been mulling over it for a few days now and have made 3 cards out of it. I just couldn't decide which one to use for the challenge. I thought maybe you ladies could help me! :) 


Here's the color combination for the challenge:
And here are the cards I made for it.

                            

I must say, I'm really loving this aqua patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. I just love anything blue or aqua. I got to practice on my sewing once more. I think I'm getting better at it! :) Yay! I colored the butterfly using my colored pencils. For people who have other things on their want list waaaay before getting any Copic markers...colored pencils are a great substitute. To even your strokes just use odorless mineral spirits with  shading stubs. I usually make little circles to even things out. Oh and the easy way to clean your shading stub after use...let it dry...then use an emery board and brush out the used parts! It's really easy to do! 

Supplies:
Cardstock - aqua mist, white (PTI), golden yellow (Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - Lush (My Mind's Eye), Happy Day (SEI)
Stamps - Butterfly Dreams, Baby Button Bits (PTI)
Others - buttons (Walmart)



My Tea for Two set finally came with this month's delivery from PTI. (Yes, I order every month! Doesn't everyone?! Admit it! Haha!) I really love this stamp set. I am just sooo limited by my imagination. I liked how this card turned out though. I love how the colors are so bright! I still have to work on my photography though. I know it's best to take pictures with daylight, but I only have time to make cards at night. And I don't have time in the morning to take pictures. I'm still working on it!!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock - vintage cream, red (PTI), golden yellow (Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - Cosmo Cricket
Stamps - Tea for Two (PTI)
Others - button, thread (Walmart) 



                                               

So this is the third and final one I made. I thought at first that the colors weren't bright enough. But then I had meant for it to be that way. I love that tea time label stamp in the background! Like I said, this is such a great stamp set. I'm also in love with this sentiment stamp set, Big and Bold Wishes! My only problem with it is that it is "BIG" like it says, and sometimes it doesn't fit into my sketches at all. I think this "Hey There" sentiment is the shortest. As you can see it has almost taken most of the width of the card. But I love the way it grabs your attention right away. I hope you like it!

Supplies:
Cardstock - aqua mist, white (PTI)
Patterned Paper - Back to Basics (BoBunny)
Stamps - Tea for Two, Big and Bold Wishes (PTI)
Others - buttons (Walmart)

Well, that's it for tonight. I wonder if I'll keep thinking about this color combination and have 3 more cards to show you in a few days time...haha! Have a great week everyone!

                                           

2 comments:

  1. All three cards are super cute, but I would say that the first one is my favorite (but I'm a sucker for butterflies!). Your coloring is wonderful and the butterfly is so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love all the buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails