Friday, August 27, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge Using Squares

Hi friends! Yay! Finally, it's Friday. I can relax and have more time for some card making. Embellish Magazine has a new color challenge. And wow, this one is a hard one for me. I'm not very fond of purple. But as I was going through my stamp sets I ran into my Year of Flowers: Violets! And what better stamp set to use!!! I also used my Text Style to make a background for my flowers. I had to make masks for each of the stamps I used. I colored them with my colored pencils and evened them out with some odorless mineral spirits. I used two shades of purple. One with a bluish tinge and the other a red/pink tinge, just to differentiate the center and outer parts of the flower. 


I'm not really sure if this is going to be my final submission. Whenever I get a hard color combination, for some reason I can't stick to one card submission. I really don't know why. But here's the color challenge from Embellish Magazine. And here's my first submission...







Supplies:
Cardstock - white (PTI)
Stamps - Violets, Text Style (PTI)
Others - pearls (Recollections), rhinestones (Queen & Co.), colored pencils, odorless mineral spirits


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeeeeous. Love how you framed it out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job with the challenge!! I love this large image cut into sqaures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! YOF: Violet has been on my list for quite awhile. After seeing your card, it has jumped a few spots closer to the top. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa....this is FANTASTIC!! You'd LOVE the inchies for stamping on.

    Oh and of course you can submit as many submissions as you'd like. I can't wait to see what else you'd come up with but this is tops for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love your take on the squares with the square image panel. So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails