Saturday, September 18, 2010

WSSC 15

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I have a card for you today for the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge 15. It's a pretty simple sketch, but the Mischief Makers made such wonderful and elaborate cards with it. Here's the sketch.






I didn't want to follow the sketch completely, so I changed it up a bit. Instead of panels of patterned paper, I punched the edge of strip of cardstock and crumpled it. Then I folded it into an accordion and adhered it to the card panels. And instead of just a strip of label for the sentiment, I used a decorative label from Spellbinders. I think all in all it still looks like the sketch. It was just "decorated" a bit more! Hee! :)






Supplies:
Cardstock - vintage cream, kraft (PTI), sand (Paper Company)
Patterned Paper: Lush (My Mind's Eye)
Stamps: Victorian Frippery (Waltzing Mouse)
Others: ribbon (Sweet Pea), label (Spellbinders), edge punch (Martha Stewart), embossing folder (Provo Craft), rhinestone (Recollections), twine (Walmart)


14 comments:

  1. Another beauty, Jean! Love the accordion folded border strip and soft colors on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean: Your card is beautiful. Teriffic Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Jean! That tags looks fabulous paired with that gorgeous DP! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jean! love the colors, your pleated paper - the tag and lovely ribbon! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply beautiful Jean - I love all the small details and the twine just finishes it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too I'm loving the subtle play of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous Jean,I love the pleated card and the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful !! love the softness of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning creation. Love the embossed cardstock and pleated lacy border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the paper ruffle and the ribbon treatment is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, as always, Jean. Your cards are so lush.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunner!!! I love every bit of it! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Maker this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so pretty and elegant! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how pretty! Love the soft colors! :) So glad you played along with us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails