Saturday, March 12, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 38

Hi bloggies! I've fallen asleep on the couch right after dinner...AGAIN. I wanted to make a card for tonight...but it doesn't look like I'll be able to. It's a good thing I had this card ready ahead of time. I was watching Unwrapped on Food Network, and they had this product called Pie in a Bottle. I was soooo amazed by it! All you had to do was add 2 eggs to the pie in a bottle and blend it. Grab a frozen pie crust and slap whatever filling you want...I'm all for chopped pecans!...then just pour in the blended mixture and stick it in the oven...and tada!!! Pie! I'm going to have have to look for it in the grocery! 

Oops sorry! I've wandered off haven't I? Back to our sketch for this week. Here's WMSC 38.


Here's my take on this challenge. Oh my, I had a hard time with this one. I'm totally not good with circle cards. I didn't have the big Nestabilities to cut this out so I used my Cricut Expression on it. I layered some patterned paper, doily, lace, label, ribbon and flowers for my card. For the first time ever, I have sewed in a circle! And it's not too bad if I say so myself! I did it slowly if you want to know hehe. I kept the edge of the patterned paper in the center of the "foot" of the sewing machine. Is that what you call the little thing that goes down and holds the fabric or paper down? Then I just kept turning and sewing. I hope you'll all be able to join us this week for a challenging sketch! :)


Don't forget to pop in with the other Mischief Makers to take a look at their awesome work! :) See you all again! Thanks for stopping by! :)

11 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job Jean....all the elements look fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Jean! Everything about it is gorgeous!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely Jean! wonderful colors - love your ribbon, the doily - your GREAT circle stitching (!) and pretty little butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very pretty! You did a great job on this card considering you don't often play around with circles. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, Jean, this is just stunning (I say that a lot about your cards, though! lol). I love the colours, seam binding and your fabulous stitching...total eye candy again, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my you stitiching....it's amazing and perfect!
    Love these papers and that label on top of it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a beauty, Jean! love love the colors you used! gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Jean, the flowers and the seam binding are real stand outs!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gorgeous pinks, purples, and that pale aqua together! Your take on the challenge is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Jean - and great job on the sewing in a circle. I can never make it look so neat LOL ;)
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jean, this is such a pretty card! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails