Saturday, August 27, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 62

Wow! I don't know about you, but all the warnings about the imminent hurricane is just scaring me all the more! We live on the North shore of Long Island, NY and we don't usually get hit hard by hurricanes. I really hope it holds true this time, and that everyone on the East Coast is ready for Irene. 


So before the lights go out (if they do), I wanted to share my WMSC 62 with all of you. This week's sketch is a bit tricky. I made two projects for it. One is a cutesy tag, and the other one is a card. Here's the sketch...



Here's my first submission. I tried to stay true to the sketch and made a tag for it. I wanted to use my L'il Buddies stamp set. I've been wanting that adorable sheep ever since I saw it. I also used Bitty Banners on the side. I went outside my style for this one, just to try it. I hope you'll enjoy it just that same. :)


I die cut the tag and made another one using a polka dotted patterned paper. I trimmed the sides of the patterned paper so that it would fall just inside the "stitches" of the tag. 


Here's my second submission for this sketch. This time around, I tried to make a card using the sketch.



I placed the sketch on it's side. And used some Bitty Banners once more. One of the newest sets I just acquired is Back in the Saddle. I've always wanted to use it but was afraid that I couldn't incorporate it into my style. I've loved this set ever since I saw Sarah Martina Parker use it. I used it on my sentiment as well as a background for the tag. 


I also stamped a doily from Dainty Doilies - Large Set on the upper left and lower right side of the background panel. I used tea dye ink on most of the edges of the panels to give it a more "cowboy" feel. There's something wrong with the settings of my camera. I haven't been getting clear shots lately. Hopefully, I can figure out how to fix it. :)



Anyway, enjoy your weekend and don't forget to visit the other Mischief Makers as well as the WMS Design Team for more inspiration.



4 comments:

  1. Both are super cute, Jean. I love that you turned one into a card. I hope everything goes okay for you during the storm. I see that it is pretty strong...wishing you well. :)
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally gorgeous! Oh, my ...that little tag is so cute and the card is fabulous! LOVE how you turned the tag and stamped the doilies. I think the vintage look of the western sentiment totally fits your style...I'm really thinking I need that set as my dad is a cowboy and I could use it so often :) Hope the storm has calmed down once it passes you...stay safe and keep us updated :) Thinking of you and all my east coast buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those lambs on the tag... adorable!! Definitely made the western stamp work in your style!! Hope the weather was okay when it came through your area. Glad to hear your mom's doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails