Saturday, October 29, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 71

Hi friends! Time to get your Waltzingmouse Stamps inky again! It's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 71. Our sketch this week is from Kelly. This sketch was just waiting to be "Shabby Chic-ed" lol! So I brought out my ribbons and lace to deck my card out.


I made a background panel using my favorite border from Victorian Frippery. It's not obvious in the picture, but I actually used some Mod Podge and some tissue paper on top of that panel. I wanted to give it some texture. Too bad you can't see it in the photo though. It came out nice though, I believe I saw the technique used by Betsy Veldman once and I wanted to try it.


I die cut and stamped Very Vintage Labels No. 18 and added my sentiment over it. The sentiment is from Say It Loud. I love stamping it and cutting it out then adhering it with some foam tape. I added the pearls for a little more bling.


I added the ribbon, lace and this beautiful lace butterfly from Martha Stewart. I found it by accident at Michael's. I think it's really pretty and delicate. I also put some pearl stick pins through the ribbon because you can't have enough bling on a card. hee! I hope you enjoyed this one. I'll see you over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I can't wait to see what you make of this sketch! Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

  1. Shabby chic at its very best! This is so beautiful. Love the ruffled lace ribbon and the butterfly pin!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails