Saturday, September 29, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 117


Hello there! It's finally the weekend yay! It's been such a gloomy week. I hope this rain goes away next week. I haven't been feeling very well. I think I might have carpal tunnel syndrome. My left hand has been hurting for days. I have yet to see my doctor to figure out what's wrong. There's pain on the back of my hand that shoots up my arm. I know that carpal tunnel syndrome has numbness as one of it's symptoms but so far I haven't had those.

It's also going to be a busy weekend. I have to help a friend with a baby shower and there's an upcoming release next week that I have to make cards for. Whew! I'm just hoping it all goes smoothly and I get everything done in time.

So, here we go. It's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 117. This one is from Kelly! Enjoy!


Here's my submission for this week's sketch. I followed the sketch quite loosely. Instead of a label, I chose to use a star and some Christmas images for my card. I used Seasons of Love - Tags for the star. I stamped it with Aqua Mist ink then I applied some glitter on it. 


The sentiment is from Very Vintage Christmas. I stamped it in red then stamped it again in Ocean Tides. Then layered the Ocean Tides strip over the red image. I also put some glitter on the edges of the tag. 

In the sketch, there were 3 flowers on the bottom of the label. Instead of using flowers, I adhered these cute little charms behind the star and have them hanging from it.


For the background, I stamped the Dainty Dolies - Large in gray. I used Colorbox chalk ink on it. I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the ink though. I have always loved Colorbox because I always get good results from it. Not with this color though. I'm not sure why. Can you recommend a good light gray ink for me please? I would really appreciate it.


The little Ocean tides images in the doilies are also from Very Vintage Christmas.


There you have it! I hope that gave you a little kick start of inspiration to join us this week in Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 117. Thanks for stopping by today. I'll see you again on Monday for the release I was telling you about. ;)

16 comments:

  1. This card is awesome Jean wow wow. It's sad to hear about the pain in your hand I hope it isn't the carpal tunnel syndroom. Looking forward to the release you are telling about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING!! This is just so beautiful. I love the soft colour palette with the pop of red and the sparkle! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean this is stunning! superb card, beautiful colours. I sure hope the pain goes away, might be something as simple as changing the position of your computer mouse, I had something similar and discovered my desk was too low! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Jean~I love those baubles hanging off the star~I pray your hand will feel better soon~

    ReplyDelete
  5. GET OUT!!! Love it! Wonderful blend of colors and fabulous use of the sketch!!! I think the light gray looks great but, if you hear of one..I'm curious! Those dangly gems off the star...as Renee would say... I die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your hand, Jean! But this card is fantastic! I love the colors. As for light greys...I have Fresh Ink Provincial...it's a warmer grey...reminds me of like a W1 Copic. Also (don't have it yet) but A Muse Studio's Pebble looks good, too?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS..Fresh Ink is by Impress Rubber Stamps...I have them all and love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Jean. I love the background, that star, the sentiments and especially the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, gee GASP! I HEART this! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning! I love the colours and I am a big lover of grey with just about anything at the moment in stamping. My absolute favourite grey inks for stamping are Tin Can, Old Road and Attic dust from Prima - they are chalk ink edgers and another grey shade is Warm Jeans but that has a bit more blue in it. I use all four all the time, but the closest colour to your card would be Tin Can I think. Unfortunately we can't get Fresh Inks over here in the UK, but the chalk inks from Prima have become my go-to inks for most things now. Just love them for clear stamps and greetings in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natty! I didn't even know that Prima has inks! Gosh. I feel pretty embarrassed that I don't know!!!! But I will try it out!

      Delete
  11. Wow, gorgeous Christmas card, Jean! Love the soft colors and all the pretty details! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just discovered your blog and love what projects who create (like this one) with Waltzingmouse Stamps and Wplus9 stamps. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails