Monday, December 3, 2012

WPlus9 December/January Release Previews - Day 3


Oh my goodness. I spent all afternoon and evening decorating the our tree. We bought new ornaments because I decided that this year we would be having a shabby chic tree. I'm so glad I have my cards all ready for the release! I have no idea how I could have sneaked in card making this weekend. Too many things going on! And I have yet to try and make my first sugar cookies! :) I will update you on that later. Heehee.

Welcome to WPlus9 December/January Release Preview - Day 3! So many great things are coming your way!!! Every other month I'm always excited to see what Dawn has come up with. She is absolutely brilliant when it comes to her designs. Today, we are introducing Damask Delights with its coordinating dies, and Quite Like You.

I started by stamping one of the damask images, in the Damask Delights set, to make a patterned paper. I sewed it together with a strip of kraft cardstock that I embossed with a woodgrain pattern and inked with white pigment ink. 


Then I die cut the coordinating Damask Delight dies and stamped their images on them. I used them to frame my felt/crocheted flower.  I added some baker's twine from The Twinery. I finally encouraged myself to buy them! I have been eyeing them for the longest time but they were just not high enough on my want list that I haven't gotten any of them at all! But now that I do have them, I have to say that I love, love, love them!!!
 I stamped one of the sentiments from Quite Like You on a strip of patterned paper. I think you ladies are going to LOVE this sentiment set. I DO!!!! To finish it off, I took some Score Tape and adhered it to the bottom of the strip an generously spread some glitter onto it. 


That's all I have for today! Tomorrow is Full Reveal Day, so make sure you head on over to the WPlus9 design blog to check out the entire release! And hop on over to the other WPlus9 DT girls' blogs. I get so much inspiration from these wonderful ladies, I'm absolutely sure you will too! See you again tomorrow! :) 

  • Cristina Kowalczyk
  • Dawn Woleslagle
  • Elise Durenberger
  • Jinny Newlin
  • Kerrianne Gwin
  • Lea Lawson
  • Sarah Martina Parker
  • Savitri Wilder


  • 14 comments:

    1. Elegance at it's best! Love it, Jean. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Where to start, your card is gorgeous Jean. I really love the colours you chose. The pattern and the stitching are so lovely and that accent! Did you crochet the flowers? I have to ask you your secrets because you photographs are always perfect.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh no Tracey, I didn't crochet the flowers. lol. I'm too lazy if anything. heehee. They're from Recollections sold at Michaels. As for the photographs, thank you!!! I've been trying to work on them sooo much. I have a Canon T3i, it's one of those starter cameras. But it works so well. I also run it through Photoshop and tweak it up a bit if it's too dark or blurry, etc.

        Delete
    3. WOW, Jean, what a beauty! Those flourish die-cuts are to die for :)))

      ReplyDelete
    4. Stunning! I never think to put silver and brown together myself, but WOW! Totally gorgeous!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I totally love this combination Miriam! :) I think it looks so elegant. :)

        Delete
    5. This is absolutely stunning, Jean! LOVE the woodgrain panel and those fabulous flourishes! So pretty!

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is really pretty, Jean! I love the floral accent!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi Jean!
      I enjoy your work so much and you are one of my favorite stampers....I just am bad about commenting. This card is a beauty and I love the colors and that strip of glitter...nice touch!
      p.s. I would LOVE to see your shabby tree!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you for your kind words Jill. I'll make a post with pictures of our tree soon. :)

        Delete
    8. Love the damask and damask accents and dies....okay-have I already bought all my Christmas...maybe not!! Jean... These colors are fabulous with the colors and elements! I'm also a bit in love with the Cupid and die!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Wow...this is amazing. Love the wood grain and the colors..gorgeous!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Wow, absolutely gorgeous, Jean!! Love it very much! Hugs

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails