Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tuesday Trigger - Sweet Dreams (and some product recommendations.)


Hello there! Apologies for the long absence. I was still enjoying the after effects of the holidays and was just lazy to make any cards or posts. :) Did any of you feel the same way? Well, after that long hiatus I needed something to spark my creative mojo. So I turned to Moxie Fab World for some inspiration. I have always loved their Tuesday Trigger challenges. It's sad that I haven't been able to join as much as I did before. But I'm hoping I'll have a bit more time these days. So here's Tuesday Trigger - Sweet Dreams.


I decided to pick up the colors of the inspiration photo as well as the patterned theme going on. Here's what I came up with...


 The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye - Breeze. My new favorite online store is Simon Says Stamp! My only complaint is that shipping takes 2 weeks. :( I think Papertrey Ink has spoiled me because I usually get my packages from them in 3-5 days. Although I usually find everything I'm looking for in Simon Says Stamp, I couldn't find a link to it there. Another MME pad with the same name keeps popping up. Anyway, I got mine at Michael's, by accident actually, I just saw it as I was walking by. My Mind's Eye is my go-to for patterned paper. They are just awesome! :)I don't think I use any other patterned paper as much as I do MME.

Also I wanted to share with everyone something that I've discovered, tried and tested, and LOVE!!!! It's Hero Arts Shadow Inks! By far the best ink I have used! The images dry on smooth and perfect ALL the time! They're specially great for big images that have huge surfaces. Staining is minimal. I have started to collect them and am hoping that they can come up with more colors! So go ahead and give them a try! I'm positive you'll be replacing the inks that you already have with them! :)


 Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back again tomorrow for some TCM love. :)


23 comments:

  1. Wow - gorgeous card Jean! That butterfly really does it for me - is it a diecut, or a pre-made embellie?
    Thanks for sharing, Rx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth! The butterfly is a pre-made embellie from Frost It Pink.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! I love that white embossed doily and the flowers too. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Jean! :) your card is stunning as always :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautifully! Such air and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING CARD!! I LOVE the FUN design and the Inspiration that you took from the challenge photo!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean this is such a beautiful card, I love all of the layers and the butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card Jean love the colors and ofcourse the best wishes for 2013. And I also love simonsays I have ordered a couple of times and they deliver rather quick to the netherlands so no complains.I love MME one of my favorite brands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB-U-LOUS!!! Simply amazing - you rock it every time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super gorgeous, Jean! I especially love the white embossed medallion under the striped label and the beautiful colors. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! love all the elements; they are very well arranged and add nice dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jean! Love your layers and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jean! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The white embossing on this card is simply striking! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I can understand why Cath chose your card as a target. It is stunning in a very understated way. The mix of patterns and textures is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa! Hello, gorgeousness. Big congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful card! I love the embossed doily!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your win at Moxie Fab, love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Jean. Love all the special details and stamps you used!
    Congrats on your TT win :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just lovely - congrats on the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails