Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lawnscaping Challenge 59


Hi there! Happy Saturday! I hope we're all off to a good start. My DH and I are going to a birthday party for a little 1 year old today. I thought it would be nice to make a card for her to put a gift certificate in. I thought this would be a perfect chance to practice some more on my Lawn Fawn stamps. And what better way to find out if I'm doing it right than to join a Lawn Fawn challenge! :) This is for Lawnscaping Challenge #59


The theme is coloring. And it is absolutely perfect since I just got my Inktense pencils! I have been practicing every chance I get. It's really quite fun so you can imagine that I have a ton of paper scraps with colored in images. :)

For my card today, I kept it neutral. Not for the lack of trying to make it colorful! lol! I tried to color the sheep pink and the blue. But in the end I liked it in white the best! These images are from Critters on the Farm. I hope they come up with dies for this soon! The sentiment is from PTI Tremendous Treats: Birthday. And the background is from Hero Arts.







Here's what the inside looks like. There's a little tab for a gift certificate card. It's a shame really, DH and I usually just end up with gift certificates because we can't decide what to get. I guess it's not so bad, at least whoever we give the certificate to can decide on their own.

I made a little tab and adhered it onto the card base. But before that, I stamped another sheep and a sentiment on it. I used a white marker to outline the sheep in the beginning. But then I changed my mind and colored it in with Inktense pencils. It didn't come out as well as I had planned though. But still, it looks ok. :)

Ok that's it! Thanks for stopping by today! Come back again tomorrow. I have another card to share! :)




10 comments:

  1. beautiful colouring, why do I have the feeling I am going to be buying these really soon. Sweet images and fantastic gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Jean...love how you made a little pocket inside the card...very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super sweet, Jean! I really love that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little sheep idea Jean, and you're colouring rocks ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!!! LOVE your coloring and the design is fabulous as Always! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card!! Very beautiful coloring, great colorcombo
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is perfectly sweet and sophisticated! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! The pocket inside is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an awesome card! love the coloring :) thank you for playing a long with us at lawnscaping!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails