Monday, July 1, 2013

Clear & Simple Stamps - Blog Feature

***If you're looking for my Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Hop post just scroll down please.***



Hi there! Welcome to my CSS Blog Feature! I was recently lucky to win a guest designer spot over at Clear & Simple Stamps. I'll be having posts spread out until July so please come back regularly to check! :)

Let's get to my first set for today. I made a card with a coordinating tea gift box to go with it. I've been a tea drinker since I was little. My grandparents are Chinese and there was always freshly brewed tea in their house. I absolutely love the smell of freshly brewed tea. And I absolutely love beautiful tea packaging. I hope you'll like what I have for you today. 

 I combined Fanfold and Morning Brew. I heat embossed Fanfold in gold embossing powder.  I've made so many gold cards lately I've lost count! lol. Anyway, after I embossed the background panel, I die cut a circle in the middle. Then I stamped the label image and fussy cut along the edges. 

I adhered it over the die cut circle with a strip of striped pattern paper. Then I placed a coordinating green cardstock behind the die cut to bring in more color to the card. I wanted it to look elegant, I hope I did so here. :)


The tea box is pretty easy to make. I have a little tutorial on how to make it.

Start by cutting your cardstock into a 5.5" x 10" piece. Then score at the following measurements. At 1.25" and 4.25" on the shorter side.

 And at 1", 2", 5.5" and 6.5" on the longer side.

 Now cut along the lines shown in the image.

 Fold the scored areas and assemble with a good strong adhesive.

 You can use a sticker to seal it, or you can seal it with twine and a brad like I did. I used brown twine for my project. I can't remember why I have this aqua one in my image! lol. 


When you're all done, decorate the front with whatever design you want. You can use any patterned paper of your choice. Or you can do what I did, make a coordinating design for your tea box.

Whew! This must be the longest post I have ever made! But don't go just yet, I have another project using the same stamp sets! I wanted to show you how it's so easy to change the feel of your project just by changing your color choices and combining other stamp sets along with it!



Since it's such a long post already, I won't keep you with my babbling.  So here's the rest of the images for this set. Enjoy!




I hope you liked my projects for today. These sets are already available for sale on the Clear & Simple Stamps store so make sure to visit! They have a lot of wonderful products that I'm sure you'll love! And if you have any questions on any of my projects, just leave a message on the comments and I'll make sure to answer! Thanks for stopping by today! Come again soon! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful ensembles! Love the elegance of the first - and the sweetness of the second, and that these are great for guys or girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ensembles. Miriam said it best!
    Great coloring on the Decaf and Honey cups. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jean! You know I am a big fan, and always love to come visit and see your awesome designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial and gorgeous projects. I was so inspired looking through your blog today!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails